Department of Mechanical Engineering
School of Engineering
March 2018- February 2021
Operation Management Committee of the Turbine Testing Laboratory under Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University has been formed, as per decision of Executive Council of Kathmandu University, which is effective from 7th March 2018 and is valid for three years.The guidelines for the Operation Management Committee (OMC) are as follows:
- Making an annual budget for TTL and forward it to KU.
- Delivering an annual report and an audited annual account of the activities associated under TTL.
- Ensuring that the test rigs are developed and maintained according to international standards and advising for larger investments that have to be made in order to maintain the standards.
- Ensuring the research outcomes reaches to the hydropower developers and manufacturers.
- Ensuring that the lab has a balanced use between education and long term research on one hand and commercial applications on the other hand.