EnergizeNepal (ENEP) ProjectAssociated Personnel:Project Leader: Dr. Hari Prasad NeopaneActivity Leader: Dr. Biraj Singh ThapaProject Associate: Mr. Nirmal AcharyaResearch Fellow: Mr. Atmaram KayasthaSupporting Pd.D student: Mr. Sailesh ChitrakarPh.D Research Fellow (Part Time): Mr. Oblique ShresthaPh.D Research Fellow: Mr. Ram LamaMS Research Fellow: Mr. Dadi Ram Dahal Project Duration:August 2016 – July 2021 (5 years) Partner Agencies:
- Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Nepal
- Hydro Lab Pvt. Ltd., Pulchwok, Nepal
- Norwegian University of Science & Technology (NTNU), Norway
- SINTEF Energi AS, Norway
Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)Budget:
NOK 34.536 Mill (NPR 440.33 Mill. or USD 4.317 Mill.) Objectives:
The development objective of ENEP is to improve the capacity of research and education required for development of the renewable energy sector in Nepal and the region.
ENEP will achieve its development objectives through its two components:
- Hydropower Development Component, which will focus on research and education in various aspects of hydropower development (viz. civil, mechanical and electrical); and
- RENP II, which will focus on research in the renewable energy sub-sector.
The immediate objective of the Hydropower Development Component is to develop research and education capacity to support hydropower development in Nepal and the region.
The immediate objective of the RENP II Component is to develop applied research capacity required for renewable energy development in Nepal and the region.